yield: 4 prep time : 10 MINUTES cook time: 20 MINUTES total time : 30 MINUTES
- 1 1/2 pound (650g) small baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 package smoked sausage
- 4 tbsp olive oil (or butter, or ghee)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp red chilli pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 c (60ml) low-sodium chicken stock (or beef, vegetable…)
- 1 tsp hot sauce of your choice (we used Sriracha)
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Grated Parmesan, optional
- Place a large cast-iron skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- After 3 minutes, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
- Add the quartered baby potatoes to the skillet along with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté the baby potatoes for 10 minutes.
- When the baby potatoes turn golden brown, remove it from the skillet to a clean plate and set them aside.
- Add the other 1 tablespoon of oil to the same skillet and then allow it to become hot.
- Once the oil is hot, add the sliced smoked sausage and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the sausage is brown, add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Sauté until you get a translucent texture.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning over along with the red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add to the same skillet 1/4 cup of chicken stock and stir. Make sure to scrape the bottom to get the brown bits.
- Then, add the hot sauce and stir until well combined.
- Add the cooled potatoes to the skillet and toss until well combined with the meat
- Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley on top and add a generous amount of Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy immediately!
YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 213TOTAL FAT: 19gSATURATED FAT: 4gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 14gCHOLESTEROL: 12mgSODIUM: 365mgCARBOHYDRATES: 8gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 3gPROTEIN: 4g